Do you fancy becoming part of the River & Bear family?
We recruit experienced marketing and events staff seasonally to join our friendly, talented team and also offer opportunities for those looking to break into creative industries.
We are actively looking for a creative individual with good writing skills and and eye for detail to undertake a one-month PR internship with us at River & Bear.
Whether you’re someone studying Public Relations or Journalism at University or a recent graduate looking to gain some extra experience, we would like to hear from you!
The ideal applicant will have some background already of PR, such as writing and distributing press releases, blogs posts, building up media contacts, using social media, etc.
Please note this internship is currently unpaid, although it may lead to paid work.
To apply for this internship please email a covering letter and a copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Relations Writer Vacancy
We’re growing our PR team, and are looking for an enthusiastic, bright-minded and ambitious individual to join our team.
PR writer duties include:
- Writing press releases for print, broadcast, and digital media
- Writing content for the company blog and website
- Writing contributed blog posts and articles for publication on other blog and website
- Writing updates and content to be distributed via company profiles on social media websites
- Writing content for internal and external publications and correspondence, including employee newsletters, customer newsletters, magazines, direct mail pieces, letters, and annual reports
- Responding to comments and inquiries submitted via the company’s social media profiles
- Conducting face-to-face and telephone interviews to gather research and quotes used to develop PR materials, press releases, and feature articles
- Editing content contributed by other company representatives
- Seeking publicity opportunities, including distributing company news, scheduling media interviews, or speaking engagements for company representatives
- Developing and maintaining relationships with journalists, editors, media producers, bloggers, and other influencers
- Tracking results of public relations efforts
Knowledge, education, skills and ability:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, new media, English or related field, or equivalent experience in public relations, media writing, or journalism
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills
Must be able to effectively:
- Write accurate, appealing content in journalistic, feature, and marketing-oriented styles
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
- Use Microsoft Office Word and PowerPoint efficiently and effectively
- Perform data entry via content management systems such as WordPress, Adobe Contribute, and similar applications
- Perform seated work at a computer work station for up to eight hours per day
- Communicate effectively face-to-face and via telephone or computer-mediated technology
- Work a standard office schedule, typically between 9:30 – 17:30 Monday – Friday, with additional hours and days of the week required on occasion
Rate of pay based on experience.
CV submissions should be made to email@example.com. Successful applicants will be asked to attend a face-to-face interview.
Get in touch with us to request a quote or book a free consultation...
P: 02920 340587
2B First Floor Office,
183A Kings Road, Pontcanna,
Cardiff, CF11 9DF